Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to be there?
What is included in my registration fee?
- Tuesday: Welcome Rally featuring cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, Depot Park and Boxcar Wine & Beer Garden
- Wednesday: Lunch and evening social
- Thursday: Lunch and evening social
- Friday: Farewell after-party
- Coffee bucks and drink tickets, valid at area coffee shops and restaurants
- New friends and instant community
- Florida in February
- Access to all frank sessions in the Hippodrome Theatre
- Access to all frank social events
- Access to all Recess (breakout) sessions: Play, Apply, Dissect and Study
- Access to the frank lounge
- Discount to Changeville
- Access to frank scholar
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Where do I book my hotel?
The Hampton Inn Downtown continues to be the frank headquarters. We have a block rate at the new AC Marriott and at the Holiday Inn University. We provide shuttle service from both of those hotels.
Hampton Inn Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Gainesville
- Pick dates and use the code: F19
AC Marriott: Book your group rate for FRANK Conference
THERE WILL BE NO SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE HILTON UNIVERSITY.
Do you want to be a frank connector?
frank connector: noun. 1. A person who links two or more people together. 2. A person who links one or more people with information. 3. A person who helps empower others through connection.
Each frank gathering is an opportunity to connect with those who care deeply about public interest communications—in a space intended for reflection and exploration. At frank 2019, we are introducing frank connectors.
Passionate about frank, these individuals are committed to welcoming new franksters to the gathering, ensuring even greater inclusion. frank connectors are here to: 1. share their frank experiences with new franksters; 2. act as frank ambassadors prior to the gathering; 3. answer questions about the gathering; and 4. be a visible presence for franksters at the Welcome Rally, during Recesses, and throughout the event.
This is my first frank. What do I need to know?
Can I update my registration information?
What is Changeville?
What is frank scholar?
We hate to see you go, but if your plans change:
- Until Nov. 1, 2018 order cancellations will be processed at full price.
- Nov. 1- Jan 1, 2019 – 50 percent refund
- After Jan. 1 , 2019- No refunds processed, but we will happily hold your ticket for frank2020.
How can I become a sponsor?
Our past partners include:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- The Joy McCann Founation
- Atlantic Philanthropies
- Al and Nancy Burnett Charitable Foundation
- Sarasota Community Foundation
- The Karel Endowment for Public Interest Communications
- Neimand Collaborative
- UF College of Journalism and Communications
- Visit Gainesville
Arriving early or staying after the gathering?